Did you meet someone special in 2016?
Perhaps you are you still looking for “the one”? Well, don’t worry, because I understand how meeting a partner is not always easy. That’s precisely why I’m here to help!
Now I know these cold, dark and wintery nights aren’t very motivating, are they? Sometimes you don’t want to go out, do you?
STOP right there! You can’t think like that!
If you want to find, make, and keep a loving and long-lasting relationship, you have to make some changes. This being so, if you find yourself going nowhere fast, here are my top 20 dating resolutions for the New Year:-
20 dating resolutions for 2017:-
- Try creating more adventurous and different dates—think beyond just drinks!
- Don’t waste time hanging out with someone you’re not interested in just because you don’t want to be alone.
- Say no, if you’re not interested or attracted.
- Forget your type. Like the clean-shaven man? Instead try a bearded man!
- Same goes for guys – avoid having ‘types’. Change your preference for long, straight hair and instead try short and curly!
- End that on-again, off-again relationship. Please don’t waste your time.
- Do what feels right. If you feel like calling your date the day after you first meet, do so!
- Make time for dating. Everyone is very busy, but when you meet someone who could potentially be a great match, make time for them.
- Speak up. If you want to define the relationship, tell your partner you want to take it to the next level. But not when you’re drunk!
- Be realistic. Don’t create a fantasy where you imagine your honeymoon before you’ve gone on the first date.
- Be proactive. You’re never going to meet anyone if you’re sitting at home in your pyjamas keeping up with the Kardashians.
- Leave the bad dates in 2016. Don’t even think about drunk texting them when you’re lonely, bored, or depressed. Stop revisiting the past.
- Know what you want in a partner once and for all.
- Don’t settle. You wouldn’t settle for a job that you absolutely didn’t love, so don’t settle for a partner. Imagine how you would feel to learn if your date felt they were settling to be with you. Awful!
- Stop wasting time over-analysing text messages with friends. No matter how much you discuss it, you may never know what that winky face meant.
- If they’re not contacting you, let it go. When someone wants to see you, they will reach out.
- On your first date, be positive and upbeat. Smile a lot. Laugh. Be the person you would like to date.
- To find a serious partner, date with purpose. Look for dates who you want to share your life with, rather a casual fling.
- Make the first move. Life is too short!
- Finally, don’t think there is something wrong with you because you’re still single. There’s nothing wrong with being single!
In conclusion, I wish you a healthy, happy year ahead.
Bottom line, you can find love in 2017 if you help to make it happen.